Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Value of Relationships

You really cannot put a dollar amount on the value of relationships. I am so thankful for those individuals who are in my life, in my stuff, in my business, and helping me to knock off the rough edges. God uses life giving and fulfilling relationships as well as difficult and conflict oriented moments to mold and shape me. I don't always like it, but I so want to be ever learning and ever growing.

How about you? Do you find yourself frustrated and flustered over relational conflict? Pressure reveals leaks and heat reveals cracks in our lives. God uses these heated moments to expose things in us that need tending. It never feels good, but it is so necessary. I don't look for conflict, but when it comes I am determined to not allow it to be wasted.

The risk of conflict does not compare to the joy and fulfillment that meaningful relationships bring to me. I choose to "take the chance" to grow deeper and broaden in my friendships. Have you been hurt? Have you been wounded? Chances are if you have a pulse and breath, you've been hurt. I want to encourage you not to let your hurt keep you from going deeper with the people you value. Learn from it, grow from it and let your life stay open to those around you.

Blessings,
Jimmy

No comments: