Friday, October 07, 2005

TGI...Any Day!

It does happen to be Friday... but to be truthful I am thankful for any and everyday! Are you a grateful person? "But Jimmy, you don't know what I'm going through right now..." Listen, all of us go through difficult seasons. There are times when things just don't add up; times when things don't make sense at all. I've learned that like a good West Texas thunderstorm, situations, troubles and trials roll in and then they roll out. In other words... "This too shall pass."

I tend to be a very thankful person. I've been blessed with good health, a great family and the ability to laugh at myself. That third one is a huge key for living "Up" in a "Down" world. I do take what I do very seriously, but I don't take myself seriously. What about you? Are you one of those tense, uptight, super serious types? Do you have a difficult time finding the humor in life? In Ps 16:11 we read, "In Your (God's) presence is fullness of joy." What a great line! Talk about encouragement. To be filled up with joy is a matter of staying in His presence... daily!

My prayer and desire for anyone reading these "ramblings" is that you would find joy and be thankful in the midst of your journey. Learn to laugh... especially at yourself... because chances are someone else is laughing at you anyway!

Blessings,
Pastor Jimmy

No comments: