Monday, October 24, 2005

A Family Affair

We had our whole family with us this weekend... I call it blessed chaos! In the middle of shattering glass (a candle fell off the TV with a little help from my grandson Carter!), crying babies, and too many people in too small a space I paused and laughed! "I am so blessed!" Both of my adult children and their spouses are strong in their walk with Jesus and they are bringing their children up in godly homes. My little Rachel (5 years) doesn't hesitate to pray... for any and everything! My wife, Annette, and I are on the same page spiritually... I'm just so thankful!

Speaking of family... our church had a picnic outreach yesterday. We fired up some grills and cooked hamburgers for 350+ people. The weather did not cooperate so we moved the whole operation inside. In spite of the weather we had many visitors and guests. It was a sweet time of meeting new families and making acquaintances. It was a "win" for the whole church. Our people came through strong by serving with joy and enthusiasm. We have a great spiritual family.

We also had our first small group meeting last night. We call them "Community Groups." It was amazing! We had a wonderful time sharing about overloaded schedules and how to gain "margin" in our overcrowded schedules. We are making a one year commitment as a group. I'm looking forward to growing, praying, crying, laughing and doing life together. The whole thing is about relationships over information. What a joy!

Have an Amazing Day!
Jimmy

No comments: