Thursday, October 06, 2005

A New Life!

This afternoon, a young man came to my associate pastor's office. He had another young man with him whom he had just met that day. He brought him to the church so that someone could talk to him about Jesus. Our associate pastor spent some time with those young men and in a short time, one of the young men came to know Jesus as Savior and Lord. Wow. The goodness of God expressed in the middle of a "normal-typical" day.

The Lord continues to focus me back to my primary purpose; to reflect His glory and to lead others to faith in Him, i.e. to be a fisher of men. I find whenever I move outside of this focus I am on shaky ground. A race horse is born to run. A hunting dog is born to hunt. I was born to reflect the glory of God that others might see Him, not me.

"And all of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord." 2 Cor 3:18

The problem comes when we want to "absorb" His glory instead of reflect it so that others might see. One is self-centered and limited, the other is other-centered and unlimited. In Ps 8 we are told that God has crowned us with glory and honor. Wow. What an honor! The crown of glory is to reflect that which He has brought our way, not exalt us as individuals. Now, I'm not talking about a "false humility" which is actually spiritual pride. I am simply saying that we must reflect all that He is so that others will see him and not us.

May we reflect His glory today so that others may see Him like a city set on a hill.

Blessings to You!
Jimmy

No comments: