Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Life of Faith

I'm teaching a 5 hour "Intensive" this morning on "The Life of Faith." It is part of a course for a two year Bible school called Every Nation Leadership Institute. It is an amazing course of study that is designed to take personal and corporate discipleship to another level. Our associate pastor requested that I teach this session because I tend to enjoy teaching about "Faith" in our church. I am looking forward to the interaction as we seek to bring believers to maturity in their walk with Jesus.

I struggle to find the balance between "walking by faith and not by sight" and pure emotional honesty. In an attempt to be emotionally honest and "authentic" I can undermine my "confession" of faith. I think there will always be a tension between these two truths. I must be poor in spirit before God, but bold and confident before man (as I walk in this world). Life is found in the tension between these two issues.

"Struggle" should not be a dirty word for a Christian. It is in the struggle and fight that we are trained and refined. I don't know about you, but when I have extended periods of peace (I actually can't recall one of those recently!) I tend to become spiritually lazy. For me, it's the struggle, the fight and the challenges that keep me sharp and growing. I don't like it, but it's the truth in my situation. Perhaps it is my tendency to take the path of least resistance.

So as I face a new day... come what may... I face it with great faith and expectation!

Blessings,
Jimmy

No comments: