Sunday, February 26, 2006

Thankful!

As I was slowly waking up this morning... you know that strange state where you're in and out of dreams... I was thanking God for his goodness and his mercy. I know I talk about this a lot, but I have so much to be thankful for! Life, salvation, an amazing family, redemption, joy, a sense of humor, a new grand baby (# 5!), a praying nanny, a new home, an amazing church family, great pastor friends in my community, my larger spiritual family (Every Nation), peace...

I could obviously go on and on with this one. When I start thinking or talking about what God has done for me... it's over buddy! Someone made a comment to me this week about how Annette and I seem to prosper above and beyond others (I'm not completely convinced on that one yet :)). All I can say is that we are in love with Jesus, know who we are in him, and we are thankful. A good friend of mine told me this a while back, "Thankful people are good receivers." They attract the blessings and goodness of God.

I don't know about all of that... I just know we are living a blessed life. Not because of money, but because we are rich in relationships, friends, peace, a totally redeemed family... here I go again. There was a time when it looked very bad. We (Annette and I) were very broken people... but God... I better not get started again!

I just know God is good all the time...in both the good times and the tough times. No matter the season you're in... declare and decree the goodness, grace and mercy of God over your life! Recount and recall the blessings he has given you... it will produce life, joy and peace!

Have an Amazing Day!

No comments: