Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Embracing His Grace

I'm enjoying this season of life... getting older (not extremely old, 44 years)... hopefully wiser. I'm learning to be more careful in picking my battles. I'm finding that I have embraced the grace of God to a much higher degree... like the scripture says, "To whom much is given, much is required."

When I think about how much grace and mercy God has shown me, I cannot stand in the place of judgement concerning others. I do have convictions and they are strong, however the implementation of those convictions is softened with grace and tempered with mercy.

I love the scripture that says, "His kindness leads us to repentance." Wow. You mean not the threat that God might spank me or withhold his blessings? As I write this my heart and spirit leap within me! How great is his love toward us! How vast are his blessings! How unending is his mercy! Okay, it's summer salt time... ouch! That's going to leave a mark! I forgot that I was getting older!

Have an Amazing Day... Embracing His Grace!
Pastor J


No comments: