Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Moving... whew!

Moving is exhausting! We moved this weekend. It's an odd thing... to see everything you "own" loaded into a truck and hauled off to another location that you will eventually call "home." The old cliche' is true, "Home is where the heart is."

Moving is in some ways traumatic. Your routine is wrecked, your stuff gets wrecked and the world keeps spinning while you go into another zone for a few days. It can take a physical, emotional and spiritual toll on you.

I have worked at keeping God in my thoughts throughout the whole affair. With everything "out of sorts" it can affect your spiritual routine as well i.e. "Now where did I pack my bible?" and "I know my devotional book is in here somewhere!"

On the other hand moving is exciting as well. It's like a new start, a clean slate and a fresh beginning. You get to reestablish your routines in a fresh environment... you even get to create the environment yourself. You get new neighbors, new scenery and new driving route to the office! It's all good!

All in all... I'm simply thankful. For the new home, new neighbors, new start and the many wonderful people from my spiritual family at MSCC who helped us load the truck and unpack boxes... now that's "Doing Life" together!

Have an Amazing "New" Day!
Pastor J

No comments: