Monday, February 06, 2006

Living On Purpose!

I'm weird like this... I like to live life on purpose! Not just "with" purpose, but I mean "on purpose." For me it's about choices. I believe it is one of the most powerful "love gifts" that God gave us... the power of choice.

For example, I can choose to sin or not to sin. The devil can't "make" me do anything. However, I can choose to be swayed by his temptaion to sin. I can choose to have a good day when things start out rocky. I can choose to be in a good mood when everything around me says, "Go ahead, give in, everybody else is in a foul mood today!"

Today, I want to encourage (definition of encourage is "to inspire courage") you to choose to have a good day no matter what your circumstances are. Remember, it's your choice... that's God's gift to you today!

"Today, I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, that you and your descendents might live!" - Deut 30:19 (NLT)

I'm choosing "life." How about you?

Blessings,
Pastor J

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

Choice is a beautiful thing and the ultimate gift from a loving God. Be blessed and encouraged today!

TKP said...

Amen Pastor Jimmy! Hey, I miss you all here in Japan. Know that I am thinking and praying for you all.

Jimmy said...

Teresa,

Miss you too! I think it's great what you are doing to teach english in Japan! Run with it!

Blessings,
Pastor J