Saturday, February 11, 2006

Looking Forward...


I'm so excited about tomorrow (Sunday)! Why? Because we get to gather together as the body of Christ and worship Him! There's nothing like worshipping with the family of God... you can worship in your car, your shower and even on the golf course, but there's nothing as powerful as His body coming together in His name to honor Him!

It may sound odd, but I still love church! After doing this for 21 looooonnnnnggggg years, I still get excited every Sunday morning! I know many people have been hurt and damaged through spiritual abuse and religion... I too have had my share of being crushed by insensitive leaders and church members... but it's still worth it! I still believe in the "Bride of Christ."

I'm so thankful for my church family. We go by "MSCC" but it stands for Morning Star Community Church. Perfect? No way! Loving? Absolutely! I cannot brag enough on our people... we don't have it all together, but we have the Presence of God! And we have a big vision of reaching and impacting our community.

This is a random entry today, but I hope it will encourage someone to love their church family!

Blessings,
Pastor J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heck yes! Our family is amazing. I have to check myself sometimes and remember not to be too prideful about our church (Every Nation).

With a family like ours it's hard not to think that everyone should be a part of it.