Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Full Heart!

My heart is full this morning as I write this entry. I can't fully explain it... just the love of the Father streaming in. I finished putting the message for this Sunday together and it just blessed me to know that my heavenly Father loves me so much that He gave what was most precious to Him, his Son, so that I could be in a right relationship with Him. Now that's love!

The topic for this Sunday is the Love Language of "Receiving Gifts." A gift is something you hold in your hand that says, "Look he was thinking of me" or "She remembered me." It's a tangible visual symbol of love... like a wedding ring. It's a symbol. It's an expression.

When Rachel, my 5 yr old, brings me a crayon masterpiece from her Sunday School class and says, "Daddy, I made this for you," my heart explodes with grattitude and joy! I don't think, "Now what can I do with this" or "How is this going to help me in my job?" No, I just enjoy the act of giving and receiving love.

It's not the cost that matters... that's irrelevant, it's the expression and act that says, "I thought about you today." I want to encourage you to do something this week. Give three "inexpensive" gifts throughout the week. It could be a candy bar, a homemade card, a handwritten note, a card from Wal-Mart, or just be creative. Let me know how it goes!

Blessings,
Pastor J

No comments: