Friday, February 03, 2006

Basic Training...

It's always important to stay with the basics when it comes to your walk with God. We tend to think that maturity means leaving our foundations behind. Experience has taught me that I need to return to the basics often in my spiritual journey. The Bible calls this your "first love."

No matter what I go through in life, no matter how difficult or confusing things become I always find comfort, peace and strength in going back to the basics of my faith. For me, it means going back to confessing the word of God over my life. To speak the word of God is to agree with what God says about me.

It reminds me that I'm loved, I'm empowered and I'm His son. That's usually enough to pull me out of any funk that tries to settle on me. I particularly like Deut 28:1-14, Col 1:22, Is 54:17 and Eph 2:6 just to name a few.

It's critical that we believe and speak what God says and thinks about us, not what we or others think or say about us. For me it's been back to basics lately and the result has been an encouraged spirit and a fresh resolve to fight the good fight of faith!

Be Blessed and Encouraged,
Jimmy

No comments: