Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Neglect

It's so easy to get going in life and just plain forget about the basics of experiencing God everyday. You look up and the day is half gone and you haven't even breathed a prayer, worshipped or simply given thanks to the One who loves you more than you love yourself.

Basic Training is simply going back to your "first love." You know, when you first came to know Jesus and you were excited about your faith. It's getting back to spending time in His Word. It's believing for big things from God. It's worshipping with reckless abandon.

I am convinced that the Enemy's greatest strategy is not "gross sin." No, I believe it's "neglect." If you neglect to eat, you starve. If you neglect to breathe, you suffocate. If you neglect to drink, you dehydrate. If you neglect the basics of your faith i.e. prayer, worship, thankgiving, faith, etc., then you begin to die a slow and almost unnoticed death.

If I don't fill my car up with gas, then I get stranded. I can't get mad at the manufacturer! It's not Chevy's fault that I "neglected" to fill 'er up! It's my fault, because I neglected to follow the manufacturers instructions.

Today, don't neglect the basics of your faith... go back to basics and fill 'er up!

Have an Amazing Day,
Pastor J

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Good to hear from both you on this topic. It's so easy to miss it. It's critical that we start the day and end the say with him.

I've learned the hard way that "You become what you behold."

Blessings,
Pastor J