Saturday, April 08, 2006

Back from the Wilderness

A big thanks to those who prayed for me while on my three day excursion. I fasted, prayed, worshipped and studied for three days. I see why Jesus "withdrew often" to the wilderness to be alone with his Father.

Answers? Not really. I went there to get answers and what I got was God. I thought I needed to hear some answers and solutions, when what I really needed was Him.

If I get Him, then the answers will come in due season. What I got was more important and needful than answers to specific questions.

The first day was very difficult... I was bored, tired, confused, stir-crazy. I settled in the second day. I fought a lot of emotions... guilt was the big one. I felt like I was being selfish and self-indulgent to go away for three days. I got over it sometime in the second day.

The third day was the greatest. I found peace in His presence... Once I had Him, the answers I was looking for did not seem that important. My encouragement to you today is... seek Him first, and all these things (answers, solutions, etc.) will be added to you.

Ever Learning,
Pastor J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoto, Shoto, Shoto!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and i went up on a mountain one time too and had a vision of the Shoto fairy princess who was sprinkling shoto dust on the shoto-ites (whom you can't see, by the way), but she was saying shoto kinda wierd, like shoto, shato, shito and it was like really really hard to tell what she meant by it but then I saw a seven-headed sea monster named leviathan come out with seven horns and seven heads on each of the senven heads and seven eyes on those and on and on like a mathematical fractal and then he, or they were shouting at the shoto fairy princess not to sprinkle any on his empire because it would cause a rift in the time space contiunum that would eventually lead tp the break down of the seventh tier of the seventh heaven, so she just lookd at him real mean and said shoto, shoto, shoto, and shito on you and poof they vanished. Then I came down from the mountain and ate a ham and cheese sandwhich.

Jimmy said...

odd