Thursday, April 13, 2006

Death in the Family

I just received a call from my brother in Lubbock that my uncle Duanne passed away. He was a steady fixture in my life growing up. My family and Duanne's family lived on the same block during my childhood.

That made for some fun times with my cousins and their family. I remember "rumbles" between the boys and the girls from the neighborhood. I remember learning to pop a "wheelie" on my bike. Playing football in the yard... it might as well have been the Superbowl!

Death makes you think, causes you to remember... it is sobering. There is another death, much more public that causes me to remember and be thankful. It is the death of the savior, Jesus.

His death has paved the way for me to know God. Not just know "about" Him, but to really "know" Him. Yes, death always causes us to stop, think and remember.

As we enter this Easter weekend, I would ask you to stop, think and remember what Jesus has done for you. I will be traveling to Lubbock to conduct the funeral of my late uncle... what an honor.

Blessings to All,
Pastor J

No comments: