Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Storm

This morning about 3am, I was awakened by a true West Texas thunderstorm. High winds, lot's of thunder and lightening and, oh yes, pounding rain. It was a beautiful sound. A bit frightening... you always have to wonder if it's going to produce a tornado this time of year.

As I lay in bed I had a simple thought: In life, storms come and storms go. So many times we think that the current storm that's pounding us is going to last forever. I want to encourage you today... that whatever storm you're in right now... it will come and it will go.

As for me... I'm going to lay back and enjoy the storm for the moment, pray there are no tornadoes and listen to the rain... knowing full well that this too shall pass.

Listening,

Pastor J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor J, I think you get all the storms out there! I never get these and I would love to hear them but we never get them over on the north side of town. Bummer, huh?