Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The "Hub City"

My visit to Lubbock was wonderful. That city just keeps growing and growing... it's amazing. I had a great visit with my grandmother... she's 85 and going strong. I'm so thankful for her. She's been an anchor for our entire family. It's good to visit and be reminded of past relationships and events.

By revisiting my old neighborhood I was keenly aware of how far God has brought me! I'm so thankful for His work in my life. According to Eph 2:10, I'm a "masterpiece" in progress. He's working on me and shaping me into his image for his good pleasure. My passion is to make a big deal out of God for his pleasure... that's what gives me pleasure.

I did get to visit with my brother and his wife. I have a wonderful family. I keep saying it over and over... I'm just grateful! I have to disagree with Mac Davis when he sang, "Happiness is seeing Lubbock in my rearview mirror."

Blessings and Grace,
Pastor J

No comments: