Monday, March 13, 2006

The Old Neighborhood...

I'm driving to Lubbock, TX today to visit my family. I grew up in Lubbock and whenever I get back to that city I always make a drive to the neighborhood where I lived as a child. It's always very centering and the memories pour in like a flood.

All of us need to revisit the old neighborhood, so to speak, every once in a while. It reminds me of my heritage and lets me know how far God has brought me. I thank God for my heritage and my family, however, I'm not limited to or by it. God makes "all things new" every day!

It's so amazing to serve a God who does not recall and recount the mistakes and failures of the past... even if it was yesterday! His grace is truly amazing. As far as my trip goes... I'll enjoy the time, stroll down memory lane and spend the evening reminiscing.

On the other hand... I will thank God for where he has brought me, what he is currently doing in my life and for the plans he has for my future. In fact, my future is so bright... I might have to wear shades! The same goes for you!

Smiling,
Pastor J

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

LJ,
Welcome back! You were missed! I'm glad you were able to have a reflective and restful time during spring break... those times are needed and it's interesting to me that it was noted that Jesus withdrew often into the wilderness to pray and commune with his Father. Keep your shades on!
Graced,
Pastor J