Friday, May 05, 2006

Busy but Blessed!

Busy but Blessed!
Current mood: full
Category: Life

Have you ever heard the saying, "I'm meeting myself coming and going!" Yeah, that's me lately... but it's all been for the best reasons. We sometimes go through "Seasons of Necessary Imbalance."

It's when the calendar lines up and converges on you. It's like "the perfect storm." You didn't intentionally plan it that way... Life just happens that way. At least it's for the best reasons i.e. Advancing the Kingdom!

I participated in the National Day of Prayer service in our communty yesterday... it was very encouraging! Our mayor opened the service and really set the tone for the whole event. It's good knowing your mayor is a strong follower of Jesus!

Today, I will be attending a John Maxwell seminar on 360 degree leadership. It's learning how to lead from the middle of an organization. I've been reading the book and it's amazing! I will definitely be lacing my messages and teachings with these principles.

I tried to mow my lawn (or should I say weed patch!) last night. I only got stuck once! We've had so much rain that the ground was really soft... but like a good neighbor Wesley was there and I was up and running in no time.

I know I usually do some kind of lesson or teaching, but I just felt like rambling this morning. The loves of my life are still sleeping but I'm off to the shower... have an amazing day and always keep seeking the Son and reflecting His Glory!

Blessings,
Pastor J

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

David,
Shoot me an update @ jnapruitt@yahoo.com. Annette & I would love to hear from youl!
Blessings,
Pastor J