Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Power of Connection

The Power of Connection
Current mood: rejuvenated
Category: Life

It's so easy to just cruise through life disconnected and doing your own thing. As for me... I need to be "connected" with the right things and the right people. I work hard at connecting with key people who can draw me up to the next level professionally, personally and spiritually.

It's like the old saying goes... if you want to learn to be an eagle, then start hanging with eagles... however, if you want to be a turkey, then stay on the ground with the turkeys. It's your choice... turkey or eagle?

Who are you connected to that brings out the best in you? What cause, church or movement are you connected to that draws out the leader and visionary in you? It's critical that you "connect" with that which brings out the greatness God has placed in you.

Staying Connected,
Pastor J

5 comments:

Jimmy said...

Connection in your local church or fellowship is critical to give you a foundation so that you can stand in your respective marketplace.

Too many opt for isolation and they are "picked off" by the enemy. In 21 years of ministry I have seen this hundreds of times.

The word of God tells us that we are to be "in" the world, just not "of" it.

Blessings,
Pastor J

Anonymous said...

I agree with the post. We cannot live isolated. We need to connect.
The other day I was reading an article by a successful businessman. "To build a powerful web of genuine, mutually beneficial relationships, you must truly care about making others successful. You have to give your talents, give your contacts, and give your hard work to help others get what they want -- without keeping score."(Keith Ferrazzi)
It was refreshing to hear this. I had to take inventory to see if I was doing this professionally,in my family life, and with those around me.
Have you personally witnessed this attitude in churches?

Jimmy said...

I have observed the tendency toward "isolation" within the church culture. It's easy to be in a worship service with hundreds of people and be utterly alone.

I am concerned that the WWWeb is becoming a subtitute, if not a counterfeit, for authentic and genuine relationships.

I use MySpace and this blog as a touch point into people's lives, but not a substitute for "real" relationships.

Thanks for your insights and that amazing quote by Ferrazzi.

Blessings,
Pastor J

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»