Sunday, May 28, 2006

Today Matters!

Current mood: Inspired
Category: Life

Bloom Where You're Planted, Because Today Matters!

It's amazing to me how many people live chained to yesterday and in great fear of tomorrow, when the truth is you only have TODAY. I want to remind you that all you have to manage and work with is TODAY... not yesterday, not tomorrow. I know people who are paralyzed by anxiety and fear over tomorrow.

I want to share some insights with you today on how to bloom where you're planted, because Today Matters!

1. Let Go of Yesterday - most people cannot "live well" today because they are still chained to yesterday. Our past successes and failures often look bigger to us in hindsight than they really were. Yesterday ended last night! See Is 43:18-19. God is doing a new thing today!

2. Don't Worry about Tomorrow... Plan for it! - many live with anxiety over that which has not even happened! Fear is negative faith. Don't have a lottery mind-set about tomorrow, "Well, I just think it's going to get better." Why? It will ony get better tomorrow because you have sown for a harvest today! See Phil 4:6-8. "...think on these things."

3. Live Well Today - Today. This moment. NOW. It is God's gift to me and it is all that I have. If I live this day well for the glory of God, not worrying about tomorrow or living bound to yesterday, then I will have sown the seeds of a life well lived today. See Matt 6:33-34 "But seek first the Kingdom of God..."

Here is an excerpt from Dale Witherington entitled The Lifebuilder's Creed:

"Today is what God has entrusted to me. It is all that I have. I will do my best in it. I will demonstrate the best of me in it - my character, giftedness, and abilities - to my family and friends, clients and associates. I will identify those things that are most important to do Today, and those things I will do until they are done. And when this day is done I will look back with satisfaction at that which I have accomplished. Then, and only then, will I plan my tomorrow, looking to improve upon Today, with God's help. Then shall I go to sleep in peace... content."

May this both bless and encourge you to make the most of Today!

Blessings,
Pastor J

No comments: