Saturday, January 21, 2006

More Practicing His Presence in the Crisis

This week we found out that my wife, Annette, needs to have surgery first thing Monday morning. She is having two vertebrae in the cervical area of her spine fused and a bone spur removed from her spine. It's been causing chronic pain for a long time.

I flew back early from Palm Springs to be with her. We spent Friday going through the pre-op procedure. It is a sobering time for us. I would lying if I said we were not concerned or even a bit fearful. Anytime you go "under the knife" it is disconcerting.

What is my answer? To simply practice the presence of God throughout the whole ordeal. If PHP doesn't work in the crisis as well as the "normal" times, then what's the point? I am confident that God is present and I sense his "near-ness" even as I type this note.

Please pray for us. We will get through this with our faith and our joy in tact. I will keep you posted on our progress.

Blessings,
Jimmy

No comments: