Sunday, July 30, 2006

P.U.S.H.

"P.U.S.H." Pray Until Something Happens!
Current mood: Prayerful!
Category: Prayerful! Life

P.U.S.H. - Pray Until Something Happens

For me, prayer has always been work. I like to pray as I go, but I have never been one that was good at just sitting down and waiting on the Lord. I've never been good at "waiting" on anthing for that matter .

However, something has changed... God is doing a wonderful work in me concerning prayer. I can't even articulate it... I can't wait to get to my prayer closet... actually it's my "Prayer Porch."

God has been calling me to extended times of prayer. Pastor Jim Cymbala of the Brooklyn Tabernacle says this: "God has given us many and precious promises if we pray. If we don't pray, He promises nothing - nothing at all! It's just that simple."

Here's a simple takeaway that might help you in your prayer life:

P.U.S.H. - Pray Until Something Happens!

I've broken it down into some simple PUSH Points...

1. Pray - Just do it!
2. Persist - Ask and keep on asking! (see Matt 7:7-8)
3. Prevail - Stay on it!
4. Pursue - Don't give up! Be a God-Chaser!
5. Prostrate - Humble yourself... get on your knees and fight like a man!
6. Pour out - Nothing moves the hand of God like spiritual hunger! Get desparate!
7. Press In - Believe that you receive what you ask of Him! (see Mk 11:24)
8. Press Through - In the words of Sir Winston Churchill, "Never quit. Never quit. Never quit."

I believe many of God's personal promises to us have been "DELAYED" because we have not learned to "P.U.S.H."

As for me... I'm PUSHing with everything I have!

Blessings,
Pastor J

No comments: