Saturday, December 17, 2005

Dysfunctional Family Fun!

We all have them, we all love them and sometimes we all dread seeing them at Christmas. What am I talking about? Our lovable but dysfunctional family members! I truly mean it. We love them and if they were gone we would miss the strange and enigmatic things they do.

For me, it's the weird uncles or the martyr grandmother who insists on cooking and standing throughout the holiday meals. You have them too... and you love them as much as I love mine. One of my uncles has had a lot of problems throughout his life; alcoholism, joblessness and moving from one place to another. He's older now and has settled to a great degree. But I always loved his fun-loving and jovial spirit. He's the type that would always do anything for anyone.

I'll miss him this year as we will not be making the drive to my old home town... or perhaps we will. We haven't decided yet. What about you? Do those family members make you crazy or happy? I choose to laugh and enjoy those days of weirdness. It's what makes family... well... family.

As you travel for the Christmas holiday or as family comes to see you, I would simply ask that you would be thankful... even for the weirdness. To be truthful, you're probably pretty strange to them! Celebrate, laugh and enjoy the time!

Blessings,
Jimmy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor,
The flow of the spirit in writing your blogs indicate you are ready to write a book. The challenge is having the patience to flow with spirit long enough while seated to decree the revelation and pour out what you have inside to tell the world. Your receipt of the revelation so gets you excited that I sense you pace as well as having sleepless nights due to HIS spirit being poured out over you. Keep writing, keep hearing and keeping pouring out what you receive.